There is nothing better than a hot bowl of thick pumpkin soup and fresh bread. Here is our recipe (adapted from Jamie Oliver).
a chunk of pumpkin/butternut squash (chopped in medium chunks)
2x carrots (chopped)
1x onion (chopped)
1x glove of garlic (finely chopped)
1x sprig of rosemary (chopped)
1.5 litres of chicken/veggie stock
1. Put a very large saucepan on a medium heat and pour in a couple of lugs of olive oil then add in onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper.
2. Cook the veggies for 10 mins until the veggies go a little soft.
3. Add the pumpkin and stock to the pot and bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 mins.
4. Blend soup to make smooth (by using a blender in lots or a hand blender).
5. Serve with warm bread.
* Note: For a extra special taste fry sage leaves in the oil first and then sprinkle them on top to serve – delicious!