Sometimes you just have a craving for a warm, chocolate chip muffin to go with your tea or coffee. We had that yearning over the weekend so we found a recipe (from Taste) and will now be indulging in muffins for the rest of the week.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C and fill a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and whisk together
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients together to make a runny batter. Spoon into prepared muffin cases.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the muffins are risen and springy.