Not only do we love to eat but we also don’t mind a drink or two when the occasion arises. Our standard drink is generally a ‘vodka, lime and water’ but we also love to splurge a little bit (especially when we are trying out some of our favourite cocktail bars). Here are a few classic cocktails we love:
Shaken Margarita, on ice with a salt rim
15ml fresh lime juice
1. Use lime wedge to wet the edge of the glass then rim the glass with salt.
2. Place tequila, Cointreau, fresh lime juice and ice into a cocktail shaker. Close lid and shake hard!
3. Poor into glass and garnish with a slice of lime.
Ingredients (for 5-6 glasses)
1 punnet of strawberries
1 mint leaf
1. Cut strawberries into smaller pieces and smash with a fork.
2. Use a fork to sieve strawberries and mint leaf and collect juice in a bowl.
3. Add puree to the bottom of a champagne glass then top up with sparkling wine slowly.
4. Garnish with mint leaves and a strawberry.
5 wedges of lime
2 teaspoons sugar
8 fresh mint leaves
60ml white rum
1. Place lime, sugar and mint leaves into a shaker then muddle (or bash lightly with a back of a wooden spoon).
2. Add rum and stir.
3. Pour over a glass filled with ice.
4. Add a dash of soda water to top up.
5. Garnish with a slice of lime.
1 tablespoon honey
1. Place Frangelico, Kahlua, baileys, honey, cream and ice into a cocktail shaker and shake well.
2. Pour honey onto the side of the glass to make a pattern and then sprinkle on chocolate sprinkles so they stick.
3. Pour into glass the entire mixture.
4. Garnish with chocolate shavings and a sliced strawberry.
20ml Kahlua liqueur
15ml crème de cacao
1 shot of espresso
1. Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Close lid and shake hard.
2. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Garnish with a couple of coffee beans on top.